Eligibility to Participate in Commencement
The following students are eligible to participate in Commencement:
- Students who have had degrees conferred in September 2016 and January 2017
- Students who are completing all degree requirements during the Spring 2017 semester
- Doctoral students who have previously completed or be completing their requirements during the Spring 2017 semester (exceptions apply as deemed by the program director).
- Students who are finishing their degree requirements during the Summer 2017 term (departmental verification is required).
- Students with only Student Teaching left to complete in Fall 2017 (departmental verification is required).
- Students who are in good financial standing with the university
Department Verification Process:
- Students can pick up an Authorization Card from Pratt 122
- Students should take the card to their Department for and authorization signature
- Students should bring the completed Authorization Card to Pratt 122 by April 18.
Eligibility for May Degree Conferral
Undergraduates: Undergraduates who have satisfied all requirements as listed in their degree audits will automatically be considered for degree conferral. If you are an Undergraduate student completing all degree requirements by the conclusion of the Spring, you should log onto MY.LIU by February 28th and confirm that an application has been processed for you by going to “Self Service – Degree Progress/Graduation.” If there is no application processed but you are completing your requirements in the Spring, you can submit an application on line.
Graduate, Professional and Dual-degree: Students should log onto MY.LIU https://my.liu.edu/ by February 28th (“Self Service – Degree Progress/Graduation”) and apply for their degree.
Please check your personal information in MY.LIU Self Service to insure that your name and address are accurate for purposes of your diploma. Your Primary Name and Preferred (or Permanent) address will be used for issuance and mailing of your diploma. If you would like to modify this information, please do so as follows:
- add a “Degree Name” if you would like to add or remove a middle initial or spell out a middle name (last names cannot be changed using this method – you must submit documentation to Enrollment Services to modify your last name)
- add a “Degree Address” If you would like your diploma mailed to an address other than the one already on file for you
- add a “Degree Address” of ENROLLMENT SERVICES PICK-UP and we will hold your diploma for you to pick up
Please make sure that you check with your academic counselor to ensure that all your degree requirements will be met.
Computer Literacy Graduation Requirement
All undergraduate students admitted to the Brooklyn Campus are required to demonstrate basic computer skills in each of the following areas prior to graduation: (1) MS Windows, (2) MS Word, and (3) Internet /e-mail skills. Students have three options or they can meet the exemption requirements. For test dates, please visit the Testing Center in LLC-4th floor or go to: http://www.liu.edu/Brooklyn/Academics/Centers/Testing-Center/Computer-Literacy-Requirement/Exam-Dates
The Computer Literacy Exam is administered by the Testing Center. Please email us at Bklnemail@example.com or call us at (718) 488-1392. We are here to help you reach your goals!
If you are graduating in May please note that your diploma will be mailed to you shortly after Commencement. Should you need a letter certifying your graduation, don’t hesitate to apply for one in the Office of Enrollment Services, Room S-310.
Enrollment Services Senior Hours
Enrollment Services has designated March 7, 22, and 29 from 5:15 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. as Seniors Hours. During this time, seniors can walk into the office and request to sit down with an advisor for one-on-one counseling. Students who want to meet with an advisor prior to these blackout dates should feel free to schedule an appointment online as usual.